After two hard days of work into the week for Jared and two days of random miscellany for Lindsay, Tuesday night is a good time to settle down with a nice glass of wine and watch a bit of TV. Lucky for us, we have found the perfect drinking buddy in Keith Floyd, British cook, author, host of "Floyd Uncorked" and all-around wino. Jared and I stumbled upon this gem one Tuesday night on the Travel channel and have set aside time out of our week to catch his latest exploits. Floyd is far more interested in drinking wine than learning about it and constantly interrupts his side-kick and wine expert JP as he tries to explain the impact that something like terroir can have on a wine. Naturally, after seeing a few episodes of this classic (which seems to have been filmed in the early nineties by the look of JP's pants), we wanted to learn more about this mad genius and his over-indulgent ways. After quickly searching the internet, I had some news. Nervous about Jared's reaction, I insisted that he have a drink in his hand before I would share what I had discovered: Keith Floyd recently passed away. Now, we considered performing the ritual pouring a bit out of our glass "for the homies," but then we remembered who we were honoring and realized that Floyd would never waste wine in such a silly manner. Instead, we tilted our glasses skyward in memory of a fallen great. |
Monday, October 26, 2009
Our New Favorite Old Show
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment