Although we have found a place and moved in, I would not say that we have exactly "settled." For the first time in our lives, we don't have 50 friends and family members within driving distance willing to provide all of the necessary hand-me-down furniture to stock the house and also take any unwanted goods off of our hands. So, bascially, this has left us with an eclectic mix of furniture. Some useful, some... not so much. Let's just say that while two end tables, an unneeded TV stand, an ottoman, a coffee table, a poker table, and a huge chair do completely fill our new, smaller living room, they don't exactly provide the type of lounging experience one normally aspires to. The good news is that the end tables and the poker table are on Craigslist, we have bought a couch, and pretty much everything else is on the chopping block. Unfortunately, the couch will not be ready until Friday. Normally a week wait is actually a pretty quick turnaround for a custom-colored couch (oh yeah), but when you don't have a couch to start off with, it seems like an eternity. Luckily, Jared and I are not the type to let a lack of seating get in the way of something as important as catching up on LOST, marathon style. Unfortunately, I was unable to obtain an actual picture while still preserving the actual experince, so I have used the advanced photo editing program, Paint, to recreate the feeling here:
Tuesday, April 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment