Friday, October 9, 2009

RIP Tsunami

Being new to this whole travel blog-thing, I am not sure if I am supposed to be strictly making observations on the ways of the Capetonians and how cool Africa is, but I feel a strong need to ask for a moment of silence as we contemplate the life of one of the most disagreeable cats around.

Tsunami was selected out of the bunch from a crazy cat lady in Austin because she looked the least likely to have worms.  She was instantly angry and hateful, hiding in corners and hissing at anyone nearby.  She soon graduated to outright ambush attacks on my roommates (sorry about that, Kelly and Jillian) and purposely knocking over full glasses of water.  I knew I had a special cat on my hands when we came home one day and she had somehow dragged a bird into the living room and killed it but not before making it appear as if the bird had exploded feathers all over the room.   Her small animal killing spree continued after her move to Dallas, taking down rats, baby bunnies, and many a lizard.  Eager-to-please Heidi, our golden retriever, was no match for Tsunami and once spent an entire afternoon unable to leave the closet as Tsunami was blocking the way. Truly a savage beast.

Nevertheless, by occasionally showing a modicum of affection, she was able to win over my heart and the hearts of many.  I would like to say that Tsunami is in cat heaven, but find that unlikely due to her ruthless ways.  So why don't we just say that she showed the suburban animal kingdom who was boss and will be missed by many.  And although she would probably like us to remember her by killing something brutally and then leaving its remains on someone's doorstep, why don't we just take a moment to remember the good times, like when she wished me happy birthday last year (see picture)....

2 comments:

  1. It's a shame she couldn't have visited CT before the end. She may have fit in with all the wildlife there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful tribute! RIP Nunances.

    ReplyDelete