Sunday, March 14, 2010

All Aboard the Breakfast Express

Before departing Cape Town, Jared and I decided that another must-do was to revisit one of Cape Town's quirkiest breakfast spots, the Atlantic Express.  Tucked between the barber shops and Chinese food restaurants on hectic Main Road in Sea Point, the Atlantic Express had peaked my interest from the first drive by.  When I saw a sign advertizing pancakes a few weeks later, I knew that it was meant to be.
One Saturday morning a few months ago, I convinced Jared to let me blindfold and escort him to a mystery breakfast. Although the importance of the blindfold took a bit of convincing, I managed to keep him in the dark until we were directly in front of the old school train.  Needless to say, he was suprised to find this overlooked gem parked on the sidewalk. This morning, we were happy to re-discover this magical carriage ready to transport us to a world of breakfast bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment