Monday, May 10, 2010

Hidden Food Foe

Beware health-conscious eaters!  There is a new danger lurking in the refrigerated aisles of your local Whole Foods. For shoppers mindful to nutritional content, there are certain food items that are considered generally safe: fruit, vegetables, lean meats, yogurt, whole grains, etc.   Other food items are filled with danger: "homemade" baked goods, ice cream, breakfast sausages, cream-based sauces- you get the picture.  But don't be lulled into this type of thinking- you must always be alert, lest you fall into a similar fat-filled trap as I did last week.  

Probiotics, Greek yogurt, healthy bacteria- all the health rage, right? Wrong! Inside of this little Greek Gods yogurt container promising calcium, protein, and healthy intestinal flora was almost half the DV of saturated fat!  wtf?!?  And in a product that is purporting to be a healthy snack.  Appalling.  I really almost puked as I read the label on the back of my just-empty cup.  This completely negated all healthy choices that I had made for that day- for the week that matter.  And it didn't even taste like pizza!






 
Greek God? Not with this in your diet. I can assure you that this is not what Adonis was eating as he was working on this six pack.

No comments:

Post a Comment