This weekend Jared and I decided to get out into the great and beautiful wilderness that surrounds the city of San Francisco. We settled on the closest and most popular hiking area, Mt. Tam, located just across the Golden Gate bridge from the city. With hundreds of different trails with varying levels of difficulty and duration, we figured this was a good place to start.
We settled on a trail that would take about two hours and lead us through a Redwood forest (exhibit A) and then along the side of the mountain that overlooked the coastline (exhibit B).
We settled on a trail that would take about two hours and lead us through a Redwood forest (exhibit A) and then along the side of the mountain that overlooked the coastline (exhibit B).
exhibit (b)
exhibit (a)
Unfortunately, we missed the turnoff for our desired trail and ended up adding on an extra hour of hiking. This wouldn't be a huge deal normally, except for the fact that this extra hour was somehow completely uphill and we didn't bring enough water. Being the ever-resourceful mountain woman, I solved the water problem by filling our bottle from the trickling mountain stream. I figured that I would rather possibly drink someones pee than have no water at all and be dying of thirst (didn't bring up this thought process with Jared, BTW). Despite the small detour, we made it back to civilization safely and learned our lesson about trail maps and extra water.
No comments:
Post a Comment