Turns out we weren't the only ones with this genius idea. Flocks of Waldos flowed through the city streets that Sunday and tied with bananas and jazzercise chicks as the most popular costume. Fortunately the perrenial favorite for most common costume, the old naked dude, was limited by chilly weather. All in all it was an amazing introduction to the zany culture of our new city. And just to validate that this is actually a race I figured I would highlight the winner. No suprises here, but it was won by a Kenyan. Congrats to Sammy Kitwara who ran roughly 7.45 miles in 34 mins (pictured somewhere below). Not sure how many Five Hour Energys that guy drank, but that is insanely fast!
Anyways to close, I'd like to show you some of the more colorful participants and hopefully inspire all you loyal readers to block off your calendar in order to join us next May for the 100th edition of this grand tradition.
I've never heard of this Wenda. Where have I been?
ReplyDeleteSweet glasses!